Monday 19 September 2011

Helpful Tips For Saving Money on Plus Size Dresses

Expert Author Suzanne R Prochaska
Many people go with blouses and skirts in place of plus size dresses because of the variety of outfits that can be created from a wardrobe of separates. That totally makes sense, but I actually prefer wearing one-piece dresses so I have racked my brain over the years to figure out how to fit dresses into my clothing budget. I'm sure you can relate.
What I have learned is a dress can look different when you use accessories and it can be adapted from season to season which makes your budget go farther. This concept has allowed me to dress fashionably using dresses instead of separates. It does take some imagination, but once you get the hang of it, it will sure make a difference to your style and your budget.
First of all, I shop at the end of seasons. When you do that, you can find tremendous discounts on plus size dresses and trendy plus size accessories. For instance, at the end of summer I buy summer dresses that are on clearance. That prepares me for the next summer and I save loads of money.
Second, I try to find solid dresses in a variety of colors. The styles I choose are usually summer or spring dresses that are easy to accessorize with printed accessories or solid colored necklaces, bracelets, earrings, belts, purses, and shoes. By alternating the accessories, it is possible to create new outfits out of the same dress. It also saves closet space, which my husband loves.
When fall or wintertime comes, I can buy printed or solid jackets, sweaters, or blazers to wear with the plus size summer dresses and spring dresses. This makes it possible for the dresses to endure season to season.
I do allow some money to buy something special for the season, like floral printed spring dresses or a sweater dress, but for the most part, solid, short-sleeved dresses are the staple of my wardrobe. It only makes sense to save money when you can and to stretch your clothing budget so that you can dress fashionably and follow the trends.
I suggest shopping clearance sales at the end of each season. Always be on the lookout for accessories that go along with your wardrobe and use them freely to achieve different looks and styles. Buy dresses that can be adapted for future seasons when possible and you will enjoy dressing trendy for less throughout the year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates